THE FOUR PROGRAMME ELEMENTS
Adventure is an unusual and exciting or daring experience. Adventure can be found in our everyday lives, even in the little things, if only you choose to see it.
Adventure is about trying out new experiences and seizing new opportunities. Life is a big Adventure and it is up to you to choose how you are going to live it.
Adventure Activity Benefits:
- Build self-confidence and self esteem.
- An opportunity to develop independence and self-reliance.
- Young people have a chance to overcome fears and apprehensions along the way.
- Contributes to personal growth and social awareness and develops skills for life.
Environment is everything that is around us. It can be living or non-living things. It includes physical, chemical and other natural forces.
Create an awareness of the natural and built environment. Illustrate the importance of using sustainable methods to manage our shared environment.
Environment Activity Benefits:
- Encourage young people to research, investigate how and why things happen.
- Enable young people be environmentally aware, building lifelong habits that potentially will make a dramatic difference in the future of the earth.
- Being outside and active in the outdoors gives young people time to appreciate the importance of managing this shared space.
- Spark the imagination and unlock creativity.
A team is a group of people organized to work together. A challenge is something new and difficult which requires great effort and determination.
Working in teams you experience the power of collaboration and the sense of accomplishment in working as part of a team to complete a challenge and learning ways to improve communication. Team Challenges provide high-impact learning. Increase team skills and communication. Improve self morale.
Team Challenge Activity Benefits:
- Allow young people to experience the importance of good communication.
- Allow each member of the team to focus on what they are best at.
- Allow each member of the team contribute as an individual while still performing together.
- Allow each member of the team a chance to take charge and develop leadership skills.
Creative is using the ability to make or think of new things. Learning is the activity or process of gaining knowledge or skill by studying, practising, being taught or experiencing something.
Creative Learning is using imaginative approaches to make learning more interesting, exciting and effective and is intended to develop young people’s own creative thinking and behaviour. Creative learning is an empowering experience for the young people.
Creative Learning Activity Benefits:
- Develop a love of creativity at a young age and to be creative thinkers.
- Improve intellectual and cognitive skills especially skills such as problem solving.
- Spark imagination and critical thinking
- Develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination